As I'm sure you all know, we added a new family member on July 12, at 4:57 pm. We named her Elizabeth Semiramis Bitbaba, but we call her Elise. Her birth went well and we came home from the hospital on Monday July 14th. Being parents has been so much fun. The first week was amazing. I felt so excited and so in love that I had a hard time sleeping even when Elise was sound asleep. I didn't feel tired until a couple of days ago. Rishard was amazingly helpful and took care of our every need for the first week. This Monday he went back to work, and its been fun to try to figure out how much (or how little) I can get done while taking care of a newborn. She has been relatively peaceful and fairly good at sleeping at night for the most part. We love cuddling with her and taking pictures of her. We are so happy she is here!
Yes - she mostly looks like a little Rishard. We are hopeful this is just a phase.
Oh, also if you want to read the full (long and not yet proof read) birth story, it is
here.
Congratulations and thanks for the update and photos! She is very cute.
ReplyDeleteI loved the blog post. I'm so glad that everything went well for you and that everyone is healthy!
ReplyDeleteShe's adorable! Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete