Monday, July 14

Apricots Anyone?

Rebekah and Elena helped me to can 28 jars of apricots this morning. We still have loads on our tree. Would anyone like some? Apricots mature quickly so it would have to be in the next couple of days. Also, we will have peaches later in the season. Let me know if you're interested.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, we'd like some. Let me see if we could make it down there sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I pay $8 every week for a bag of unsulfured dried apricots. That's the only way they taste like when my mom dried them at home. Do you get that many every year or are the pretty inconsistent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apricots seem to have years that are over-flowing and years that are just so-so. It all depends on if we have a late frost. This year, we had an overabundance of apricots. I've already picked 6 bushels and there is still about 3 left on the tree. Rebekah and Elena made some very tasty dried apricots. We have to spray our trees in the fall (for root rot) but we don't have to spray our fruit for bugs. I wish I could send you some to you Tina!

    ReplyDelete