This is what I keep telling myself this week while we try to get our entire 4300 square foot house packed to fit in an 1100 square foot apartment and a 300 square foot storage unit.
Thank you! It's also pretty exciting that Weezer are releasing a new album soon, and this looks like a great album cover. I just really related to the title when I found this.
I think that "Back To The Shack" is an interesting song with good intentions that fails to actually be a good song. Not a great sign for the new album.
I listened to the snippet of the new Weezer track with a lady singing, and it didn't sound like a very good song either. I also listened to some of the new Rentals album that came out this week. I sounded cool, but didn't seem to have any songs that were especially good. It's really too bad that Matt Sharp didn't stay in Weezer, it seems like while what he creates on his own is not especially exciting, that he and Rivers had some sort of good creative combination because Weezer hasn't really made a great album since he left.
I like Cleopatra ok. I also thought Lonely Girl was good. I'm interested to hear the whole thing, but don't have very high expectations. I do like "I Do"
Yes, it is great! Thanks for posting here about it - I didn't realize it was available to stream. I was intrigued previously by the title, and it is a really great song.
I'd say that moves the album onto my planned purchase list for Oct. 7, along with the new Iceage album that also comes out that day. I've never purchased an Iceage album before, but their new song "The Lord's Favorite" is one of my favorite songs right now.
I think Back To The Shack actually works much better in the context of the album than as a single, so that is good. It still seems like one of the worst songs on the album, but at least it seems to fit in well as a sort of statement of intent as the album is getting started.
Well, I guess everything really did turn out alright in the end. Now that I have the actual cd to play, I am really liking the new Weezer album. Perhaps comparisons to previous albums are unnecessary, but fun. Everything Will Be Alright In The End is much much better than either Hurley or Ratitude. It is also much more consistent than either The Red Album or Make Believe, because unlike those albums, it doesn't have any bad songs.
Well, I guess everything really did turn out alright in the end. Even though it was a hassle to move twice and live in a small apartment for 6 weeks, we really like our new home, and are very happy that we were able to find a house that we could fit in and also for which we could afford a 15 year mortgage.
This new home feels like our most comfortable since we sold our home in Carson City. We had to try buying a couple of bigger, nicer homes that we really couldn't afford before we learned more about who we are and what we need and want.
I agree it is more consistent. I am still listening to see how much I like it, but i is good. I really like Da Vinci, and The British are Coming. Also Futurescope Trilogy has amazing guitars. Posting this my second time with less details because it didn't work the first time. I really hate this site. Can't post from phone? When am I ever at a desktop? Remind me why we don't just use something easy like Facebook again?
My favorite tracks so far are Ain't Got Nobody, The British Are Coming, and Cleopatra. But I also really like the mostly instrumental last track and love the part of Foolish Father where a choir starts singing the album title. I also really relate the the lyrics of that song in that I hope my children will forgive me for all the mistakes I've made as a father. And now I'm even starting to really like Back To The Shack.
Good luck Mark and Kristy!
ReplyDeleteYou are being brave and being guided, I'm sure. We'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's also pretty exciting that Weezer are releasing a new album soon, and this looks like a great album cover. I just really related to the title when I found this.
ReplyDeleteThat is a fantastic album cover. Good luck with moving. It is the worst thing ever.
ReplyDeleteSep. 30.
ReplyDeleteHow did your interview go?
ReplyDeleteI think that "Back To The Shack" is an interesting song with good intentions that fails to actually be a good song. Not a great sign for the new album.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard anything that makes me think the new album will be good.
ReplyDeleteI listened to the snippet of the new Weezer track with a lady singing, and it didn't sound like a very good song either. I also listened to some of the new Rentals album that came out this week. I sounded cool, but didn't seem to have any songs that were especially good. It's really too bad that Matt Sharp didn't stay in Weezer, it seems like while what he creates on his own is not especially exciting, that he and Rivers had some sort of good creative combination because Weezer hasn't really made a great album since he left.
ReplyDeleteCleopatra seems like a decent song.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of Weezer, I just got a 7" record for $1 with "I Do" on the b-side. "Hashpipe" is the a-side, but I bought it mainly for the b-side. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI like Cleopatra ok. I also thought Lonely Girl was good. I'm interested to hear the whole thing, but don't have very high expectations.
ReplyDeleteI do like "I Do"
I really like "The British are Coming".
ReplyDeleteYes, it is great! Thanks for posting here about it - I didn't realize it was available to stream. I was intrigued previously by the title, and it is a really great song.
ReplyDeleteI'd say that moves the album onto my planned purchase list for Oct. 7, along with the new Iceage album that also comes out that day. I've never purchased an Iceage album before, but their new song "The Lord's Favorite" is one of my favorite songs right now.
You can stream whole album on iTunes radio. Much better than I expected.
ReplyDeleteI think Back To The Shack actually works much better in the context of the album than as a single, so that is good. It still seems like one of the worst songs on the album, but at least it seems to fit in well as a sort of statement of intent as the album is getting started.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess everything really did turn out alright in the end. Now that I have the actual cd to play, I am really liking the new Weezer album. Perhaps comparisons to previous albums are unnecessary, but fun. Everything Will Be Alright In The End is much much better than either Hurley or Ratitude. It is also much more consistent than either The Red Album or Make Believe, because unlike those albums, it doesn't have any bad songs.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess everything really did turn out alright in the end. Even though it was a hassle to move twice and live in a small apartment for 6 weeks, we really like our new home, and are very happy that we were able to find a house that we could fit in and also for which we could afford a 15 year mortgage.
ReplyDeleteThis new home feels like our most comfortable since we sold our home in Carson City. We had to try buying a couple of bigger, nicer homes that we really couldn't afford before we learned more about who we are and what we need and want.
I agree it is more consistent. I am still listening to see how much I like it, but i is good. I really like Da Vinci, and The British are Coming. Also Futurescope Trilogy has amazing guitars.
ReplyDeletePosting this my second time with less details because it didn't work the first time. I really hate this site. Can't post from phone? When am I ever at a desktop? Remind me why we don't just use something easy like Facebook again?
My favorite tracks so far are Ain't Got Nobody, The British Are Coming, and Cleopatra. But I also really like the mostly instrumental last track and love the part of Foolish Father where a choir starts singing the album title. I also really relate the the lyrics of that song in that I hope my children will forgive me for all the mistakes I've made as a father. And now I'm even starting to really like Back To The Shack.
ReplyDelete