Sunday, October 2

Recent Comments

I added a "Recent Comments" gadget on the side bar. That way I figured I could not only quickly surmise when there are new posts, but when there are new comments as well.

It works great on the computer I was using when I added it and tested it out. My laptop just show a blank space where recent comments should be however. I haven't done any trouble shooting yet, but I am curious if it works for other people or not. Can all of you see it?

6 comments:

  1. I also see the comments on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see it on my MacBook Pro (Safari).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't interpreting the symbol encodings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear it seems to be working. I will have to trouble-shoot what is wrong with my laptop.

    Brent - I don't think I can fix the symbol encoding. I believe the gadget works by consuming the recent posts feed. Since the feed is sent as HTML wrapped in XML, the server has to essentially double encode the special characters in the HTML in order for the XML to be valid. The JavaScript that is formatting it all and adding it to the sidebar should account for this before it adds the HTML to the page, but is does not appear to be doing that.

    ReplyDelete