Sunday, October 16

Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran my second half marathon.  I really enjoyed the whole thing, as opposed to last year, when the last two miles were torture.  I missed my goal time by a minute, but I'm still happy with my time of 2:00:59.9. 

I'm  planning to train for a full marathon next year.  I'd like to do it in under 4 hours, so I'll need to improve my endurance quite a bit. 

Melissa ran the race as well.  I beat her 2010 time by a minute, but she beat it by 12 minutes.  I'm planning to  beat her next year :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on improving so much. Being a minute off your goal in a half marathon is really good.

    Congratulations to Melissa as well on improving her time so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the race yesterday. Last year I started out too fast and was so exhausted the last couple of miles I could hardly run. This year I paced myself and saved some energy for the end. I felt better and stronger the longer I ran. I trained a lot this summer and ran a half marathon in August so I felt a lot better prepared this year.I finished with a time of 1:50:03 which was a lot faster than I anticipated running so I am thrilled with my time. I was the 17th overall female runner out of 295 and my goal next year is to be in the top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to both of you! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tina and Melissa! We're excited to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed! Nice job, Tina and Melissa.

    ReplyDelete