Sunday, October 2

Broken Arm



Yesterday at my football game someone hit my arm with their helmet. I could immediately feel my pulse pounding in my arm. That all happened 30 seconds before halftime, when I was running on kick off. Throughout the rest of the game it felt tight and cramped up. After priesthood session we went to the urgent care. Their x-ray machine wasn't working but a doctor felt my arm and determined that it was not a broken bone just a muscle contusion. My arm continued hurting all night and I didn't get very much sleep. Today it only got worse and more tight then I realized that if I set my arm down and pushed my arm bent. We decided to go to the ER they took an x-ray and discovered my arm was broken in half. Right now I just have a splint on it but we will be setting up an appointment to have the bone set and get a cast.

9 comments:

  1. Ouch, that is too bad. I hope it heals well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I'm glad you went back. I hope you see an orthopedic doc. It sounds like you had a really serious break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just imagining how much it would hurt to push your arm against a table and watch it bend where it's not supposed to. I hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. Does that mean you won't be able to play anymore? And what about basketball. I hope it will heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Which arm is it? We hope it heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that you feel better soon Briggs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is my right arm. I was hoping it would be better for basketball but try outs are in a month. The doctor said that it will take a few months to heal so I will definitely be missing at least the beginning of basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added x-ray pics of Briggs's arm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! It doesn't look very humorous to break your humerus. (Sorry. I couldn't help but say it.)

    ReplyDelete