Scott has had a couple interviews recently, which is nice because he didn't have any for a long while. He's mostly feeling all better, but still doesn't have a lot of energy. His new calling as executive secretary is keeping him really busy. He's gone almost all day on Sundays now. His familysearch project is coming along. He just had a break through this week, which is encouraging. It's just really slow coming because he has such a steep learning curve. It still feels like the right direction to go, so he just keeps plugging along. We've kind of given ourselves a deadline of the end of the year before we'll need to explore other options.
I'm doing okay. We don't get much sleep these days, which makes everything harder, but I'm enjoying having a little more free time since being released as the RS President. I try to balance all the things that have to be done (laundry, cleaning, meals, etc.) with doing things that are fun for the kids, and finding some time for myself. I haven't found a great balance yet, so a lot of times I just feel like a crazy person.
Daniel just started preschool (thanks to a generous gift). He loves it. It's nice for him to have some time away from us, and he loves to learn and play with his new friends. He's been learning to read, and he loves to "write" books. I give him several pieces of paper, folded and stapled down the middle, and he draws pictures on every page, and then dictates the story to me. It's a lot of fun for both of us.
Mary is wild. She can be really sweet, but it's quite a challenge for us to keep her that way. It takes a lot of patience, thoughtfulness, and creativity that are hard to come by when we're so tired. She just started a dance class (again, thanks to a generous gift). I'm so hopeful that it will help somewhat with her behavior. She really loves to twirl and point her toes and be a ballerina. Also, while Daniel is in school, I spend some time with her, trying to teach letters and numbers. She loves to "play school". She calls me teacher the whole time and says things like, "Oh Teacher, my mom showed me this before," or "We have to hurry and finish this before my mom comes to get me."
Anna is getting big. She's seven months old now, and weighs about 16 pounds, and is about 27" long. She rolls, and turns and tries to hard to get things that are out of reach. She tries to get up on her knees sometimes. She is almost always happy and brings so much joy to our family. The things that make her mad, really make her mad, like riding in the carseat in the dark, being hungry, and being put to sleep. She has the hardest time going to sleep. I'm not sure what to do about that.
Thanks for the post! I like Daniel's pirate costume. I hope the family search project works out really well for Scott!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I loved hearing about your cute family.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures!
ReplyDelete