Tuesday, November 6

Dressing Up

-->

Halloween is always a favorite.  The kids had decided long ago that they were going to dress as the cast in “Doctor Who.”  They have all had such a passion for the show (thanks, Brian and Jennifer) that it was fun to discuss, but in the end they went for costumes that were more recognizable.  
Our family had a medieval theme:  I and the girls struck it lucky at the thrift store several weeks ago and found dresses for each one of us, as well as mascaraed masks.  Derek dressed as a court wizard of sorts, wearing our old Harry Potter robe and a reversible cape over the top.  Then I was in just the mood to make Scott a complete outfit to look like this:  

It’s not very medieval, but we let it pass.  I made the “britches” just by altering pants found at a thrift store.  All in all, we had a lot of fun.  Natalie makes a cute angel.  Her hair is still sticking to her head from the candy she ate yesterday.  

Family pictures turned out well enough.  The shadows are a bit of a problem.  
 

And I didn’t lose that beach shot from Labor Day after all.  However, we did lose Rachel's coat, socks, and shoes, which we left sitting on the beach.
 

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Where are Janelle and Natalie in the first one? Where did you do your family pictures? I think they look great. The bottom one is my favorite, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun costumes, nice family picture. The beach looks very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your costumes! We always think about Dr. Who costumes, but haven't actually done it yet. I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! On Halloween night we had finished dinner late, and the kids were eagerly waiting to go trick or treating. I insisted on taking a picture before leaving and Natalie was already buckled into the stroller (we'd have lost a lot of ground getting her out and then trying to put her back in) :) Janelle was taking the picture, and at the time was not in her costume. Maybe I'll add pics of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halloween is always rushed. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete