Saturday, February 26

TV

There are some shows that Kristi and I have enjoyed streaming in the recent past.  We are currently really enthralled with the new series Severance on Apple TV+, where we also recently enjoyed the second season of Ted Lasso.  We are also now watching season 2 of Space Force on Netflix.  Some other recent shows we've enjoyed have been all six seasons of Superstore on Hulu and also season 1 of Only Murders In The Building also on Hulu.

What are some series  you've enjoyed watching recently?


6 comments:

  1. Sarah and I enjoyed watching Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu. They only have 13 seasons. Season 14 and the current season(15) are not available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've enjoyed the Marvel series on Disney + (WandaVision, Loki, and Hawkeye).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eric and Brian for your suggestions - I'll check them out. Right now I feel completely obsessed with Severance and since new episodes only come out on Fridays, I'll likely need to re-watch some of the episodes while waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In between rewatching each week's new Severance episode at least once each week, we have also been watching the 6 episodes of Schmigadoon on Apple TV+, and it is pretty good. It's probably more fun for those who have seen enough old musicals to recognize all the original sources that are being "borrowed" for new songs in the show. So far there has definitely been a lot of things from Carousel, The Sound Of Music, and The Music Man, but I'm sure there have been some other obvious ones I've missed just because I haven't seen the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven’t watched full episodes of Schmigadoon but we LOVE Cecily Strong on SNL. I hope she wins an Emmy for her sketch about Clown Abortion on Weekend Update. It was one of the most well-done pieces I’ve ever seen about the issue,

    My Eric took a class on Sports History and he introduced me to the ESPN 30 for 30 series, I’m late to this series but I’ve been watching some on Disney+. This weekend I saw “I Hate Christian Laettner” and it was fantastic! I was a huge Duke fan in high school and the film brought out some really important aspects of that time. it was fun to see how many games I remember watching as well as players’ names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also really was impressed with Cecily Strong's clown abortion sketch.

    Ok, all nine episodes of Severance are out now, and I have to say this has to one of my favorite shows of all time, even though now we have to wait for season 2 to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete