Kristi and I recently saw a performance of "One For The Pot" at the Hale Center Theater in Sandy and we really enjoyed it. It's a fun comedy involving mistaken identities, and also includes some audience participation, and some live 50's style rockabilly music. If you are looking for a fun live show to see, I highly recommend it - it is playing there through April 2. Here is the Hale Center promo video:
We have tickets for March 5th. We’re bringing the whole family. We love a good British comedy. You can tell it’s going to be good because there is a lot of going in and out of doors!
ReplyDeleteWe have season tickets, and we are excited to see our next show, Treasure Island on March 3. We are taking Kristi's parents with us to that one. Hopefully it will also be a good show.
ReplyDeleteWe saw Treasure Island with El on Monday- it’s her favorite book so she asked to see the play. We really enjoyed it! It was fun every time a sailor ended up in the water.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed Treasure Island last night. I agree the water added a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteOne for the Pot was super fun!
ReplyDeleteWe saw School Of Rock last night at HCT and it was really good. All the music was played live, a lot of it by the young teenagers in the cast. I enjoyed the original movie and I think the musical is a fun adaptation. I didn't realize until last night that Andrew Lloyd Weber wrote the music for it. There is a fun joke in the show where someone sings a short snippet of the song "Memory" from Cats and then another person responds with disgust "Who wrote that?".
ReplyDeleteThis past Thursday, we say the musical The Light In the Piazza. It was interesting how much Italian it had without translation, but that did a good job of helping the audience get a feel for what it would be like in a foreign country where you don't speak the language. Kristi and I both enjoyed it. I think the main message of the story was that you cannot control or predict happiness in the future and you cannot change things that have already happened, so try to find the most happiness you can while accepting what you cannot fix or control, which is probably a good message for someone like me that often obsesses about making choices to try to control things I cannot.
ReplyDelete