Wednesday, September 6

What Can You Expect?

 Life is going well with kids in school, Janelle loving BYU, and Derek working at five guys while doing independent study. Melissa, Rachel, Lindsey, and Natalie are learning piano and doing well. The oldest three cook one meal every week for the family.  Christine is trying a curry over rice tonight. Rachel is learning flute in her school band. We get to swim quite often and really enjoy having the pool this time of year since we've been in triple digits a lot lately.
 Ben and Kayla are my little partners at home, and they keep life so fun and interesting! Since we are going camping tomorrow Kayla started packing the car with supplies from the shed. She's thrilled whenever she hears about packing and runs to gather up a pile of clothes and bedding.  Kayla can't wait for the next birthday to help shop for and plan the cake and presents, and she now knows Halloween is on its way so she can't wait for that either.
  Benjamin is potty training so he is wearing his cute shorts underwear.  At a naughty moment Kayla had poured water into his car seat, which got his shorts and underwear wet  coming home from Walmart this morning . I offered to help him take them off at home, but he said no. A few minutes later he said, mine ownD's is wet."  I just thought it was cute how he sounded. And then took them off. Lately, he has been enthralled with Moses, since we watched the old 10 Commandments kind of recently. He puts on the dress-up Cape and says in a very dramatic voice, "I'm Moses!" Then runs around  to make the Cape fly.
  If you remember, very soon after we returned from our summer trip I came down with a virus, which turned into pneumonia.   My doctor asked me to have  tests done to make sure it wasn't worse,  and thankfully it wasn't, but Scott and I were at the ER since it was a weekend. They were about to do an x-ray to look at my lungs when the nurses came rushing in to tell us to stop because I would need a Cover for the x-ray because the urine test showed positive because I am pregnant. 😮😂🤞  i'm about 11 weeks along and due in early April.We just wanted to share our news with you, family, and hope you will pray for us that all can go well! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet all that travel was pretty hard on a pregnant person. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually Jennifer. Apparently the computer was logged in as Katherine.😬

      Delete
  2. Very exciting news! We love hearing updates about your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We are excited! It's a long wait, especially for the kids. I wasn't pregnant yet on the trip so I didn't feel bad. But being overtired from the travel probably got me the virus and the pneumonia!

    ReplyDelete