I think its an awesome song, what do you think? Go here to find both streaming audio of Just Another Girl and also video of a live performance of Shot At The Night on British tv last night.
I got my cd yesterday, and I think that "Just Another Girl" sounds awesome - the bass line is really great. I guess I don't ask much from a song besides a cool sound and a good tune.
My impression of Direct Hits, having played the whole cd through, is that it is a very good collection of songs. However, I'd say the "deluxe" version is unnecessary - the demo of Mr. Brightside is interesting, but you only need to hear it once and the same probably goes for the Calvin Harris remix of When You Were Young. The version of Be Still may different from the album version - perhaps it is the version that formerly was only available on the Target exclusive version of Battle Born, but it any case, it is also unnecessary. I sort of wish I'd bought the non-deluxe version, not to save money but because I think the cover art is better.
Here is the video for "Just Another Girl", which is pretty fun. Hit has a girl acting as Brandon, walking through the sets of several of their previous music videos. It makes no sense, but is a fun video.
With more listens, I now see that "Just Another Girl" is the one of the best song the Killers have released in a long time, better than most of the tracks on Battle Born. It is just a really great song.
You want proof? Ok, here are 5 reasons why Just Another Girl is such a great song:
1) Is has a classic Killers strong melody, like When You Were Young and Human. 2) The message is about not giving up on a relationship, even when things are hard, which is uplifting. 3) It has the cool part at the end where Brandon says "Then why can't I sleep at night and why don't the moon look right." 4) It is really cool how the melody and rhythm changes slightly between the opening verse and the second verse. 5) The part in the bridge where Brandon sings "Something's got a hold on me, tonight" is a subtle, but clear reference to the song "Magic" by The Cars, which is very cool. Brandon recently said that The Cars Greatest Hits was the first record he ever bought, so it is fitting and clever that he would put a reference to a song on that album in a song written for The Killers greatest hits album.
Well, Liam likes it and Kristi says its boring, why can't they make songs as good as those on Hot Fuss and Sam's Town.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was boring and the lyrics were incredibly cliche.
ReplyDeleteI got my cd yesterday, and I think that "Just Another Girl" sounds awesome - the bass line is really great. I guess I don't ask much from a song besides a cool sound and a good tune.
ReplyDeleteMy impression of Direct Hits, having played the whole cd through, is that it is a very good collection of songs. However, I'd say the "deluxe" version is unnecessary - the demo of Mr. Brightside is interesting, but you only need to hear it once and the same probably goes for the Calvin Harris remix of When You Were Young. The version of Be Still may different from the album version - perhaps it is the version that formerly was only available on the Target exclusive version of Battle Born, but it any case, it is also unnecessary. I sort of wish I'd bought the non-deluxe version, not to save money but because I think the cover art is better.
ReplyDeleteHere is the video for "Just Another Girl", which is pretty fun. Hit has a girl acting as Brandon, walking through the sets of several of their previous music videos. It makes no sense, but is a fun video.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwzP1laWkQ
With more listens, I now see that "Just Another Girl" is the one of the best song the Killers have released in a long time, better than most of the tracks on Battle Born. It is just a really great song.
ReplyDeleteYou want proof? Ok, here are 5 reasons why Just Another Girl is such a great song:
ReplyDelete1) Is has a classic Killers strong melody, like When You Were Young and Human.
2) The message is about not giving up on a relationship, even when things are hard, which is uplifting.
3) It has the cool part at the end where Brandon says "Then why can't I sleep at night and why don't the moon look right."
4) It is really cool how the melody and rhythm changes slightly between the opening verse and the second verse.
5) The part in the bridge where Brandon sings "Something's got a hold on me, tonight" is a subtle, but clear reference to the song "Magic" by The Cars, which is very cool. Brandon recently said that The Cars Greatest Hits was the first record he ever bought, so it is fitting and clever that he would put a reference to a song on that album in a song written for The Killers greatest hits album.