Sunday, May 12

Our Past Week

Here is a little wood working project I completed recently. I made a key chain holder and some key chains for various keys in the clerks office at church:


Sarah recently completed a cross stitching project. It looks really cool:


In other news I ran my fastest mile ever at 5:56. It was on a treadmill, and completely flat, but I am still happy with it.

We have been wanting to go to King's Dominion, the closest amusement park to us, since moving here, but have never gotten around to it. Yesterday we didn't have much going on, and they were running a good special so we decided to go on the spur of the moment. It was a lot of fun. My favorite ride is the Intimidator 305. I must be getting old, because it is the first time I thought I was going to black out on a ride. My vision never went completely black, but it got pretty dim coming out of that first hill.

Alexa surprised us all with the different rides she decided to try. There is one that has 4 or 5 inversions that she rode over and over again. She also rode all of the wooden coasters and did the drop tower which drops you from 305 feet. It was a fun day.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! The key chain holder looks great!
    I went to six flags on Friday and had tons of fun with friends. I surprised myself by going on all the roller coasters that I never would've gone on otherwise. We'd been talking as a family and my dad realized that we don't do amusement parks whatsoever as a family like he did when you were kids. Your trip sounds really fun! Maybe Alexa's braver than I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross stitch looks amazing! Great job on the key chain holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key chain holder and chains are very impressive. The cross stitched picture is really great - that must have taken a lot of work. The amusement park sounds and looks really fun. Thanks for the stories and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cross stitch picture of Alexa! I also think the Intimidator 305 looks fun and a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that last post was from Brian.

    ReplyDelete