Saturday, December 1

Friday Night

Don't ever, don't ever let it end.  Our seats ended up being really good with a great view of the stage:

The show was awesome, here is the setlist:

Mr. Brightside
The Way It Was
Smile Like You Mean It
Spaceman
Bling
Miss Atomic Bomb
Human
Somebody Told Me
Here With Me
For Reasons Unkown
From Here On Out
Dustland Fairytale
Read My Mind
Runaways
When You Were Young

Encore:
Be Still (first minute and a half)
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
All These Thing's That I've Done
Battle Born.

Brandon told us that he had his first McDonalds quarter pounder 20 years ago across the street from the UCCU center.  They played an awesome new intro for Somebody Told Me with some great echo bass by Mark (not me, the bass player).  Brandon gave a very emotional intro about his mom to Dustland Fairytale.  The stage pyrotechnics were awesome!

When they came back on stage for the encore and started Be Still, Brandon kept acting like something was wrong, then missed a line of the song to get a drink.  He picked it back up, but then stopped the band a short while later.  I suspect that he was having problems with his voice and decided finishing that song was going to put too much strain on it.  They had to cancel two shows in Manchester recently because he had a sore thoat and couldn't sing, and I'm guessing he is still recovering to some extent.  His voice sounded great for most of the night, though there were some times during the last three songs after Be Still that he sounded like he might be having to strain a bit to sing.  It was extremely dry in there - Kristi and I both got somewhat dehydrated even though we drank some while we were there, so perhaps that contributed.

This was the 4th time Kristi and I have seen them and the first time for Maryn and Nikkail.  I think overall it was the best they have sounded yet to me, and the girls both seemed to really enjoy the show.

6 comments:

  1. Here's a video of Dustland Fairytale with the introduction:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvvC1VS6fsA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana and I thought it was amazing. It was our first time to see the Killers, and we both really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a video of the attempt at Be Still. In the audio for this video, you can actually hear much better than we did from our position how much he is struggling with his voice before he stopped the song (which happened right after this video ends.) From where we were, admittedly with the ear plugs in that I always wear to prevent hearing damage at concerts, I thought he was sounding fine, though could tell from his body language that he was concerned about something.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdPmc2KyEo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you can stream the Killers new Christmas song, "I Feel It In My Bones" (in which Ryan Pardey reprises his role as Santa from "Don't Shoot Me Santa") here:

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-killers-rock-for-charity-on-i-feel-it-in-my-bones-premiere-20121201

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Dustland Fairytale video. I really enjoyed that. It is one of my favorite songs ever. I've been to one Killer's concert before and didn't enjoy it, but your review has convinced me to give them another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ECHv5KV4ZuM

    I think its dark humor is fun, but some my find it a bit disturbing.

    ReplyDelete