Thursday, March 8

Spector

There is at least one new band I highly recommend checking out.  They are called Spector, and they are awesome!  So far they have released four singles, "Never Fade Away", "What You Wanted", "Grey Shirt & Tie", and the latest "Chevy Thunder", and each one is incredibly great.  You should search for these on youtube and watch/listen and see what I mean.  Their first two singles used to be available in U.S. iTunes but unfortunately, likely due to a transition to a bigger record deal or something, their first 3 singles are now no longer available anywhere, even in iTunes UK.  However, as I said you can easily find them on youtube.  "Chevy Thunder" is only currently available in iTunes UK, and I finally figured out how to get an account there mainly just so I could buy this track.  (I also have the first three singles on 7" vinyl, but I believe those are sold out now as well.)

Their debut album is available to pre-order on Amazon UK with an April 30 release date.  I really hope this is accurate, because this band is so good, and I can't wait to get their music on cd.  Anyway, as I said, I highly recommend finding their tracks on youtube and listening! 

Another cool music release this week is the U.S. release of the latest Kaiser Chiefs album, which has a different,  and imho improved,  track listing from the UK version. (It also has a different name: "Start The Revolution Without Me").  All this week, you can stream it in full here.  This is now the fourth time I've bought a version of this album, but it is worth it to get the tracks "Problem Solved", "Can't Mind My Own Business", "Cousin in the Bronx", and "On The Run" on CD, which are available for the first time in that format with this release.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to mention that one classic test of great music is whether kids like it too, and both Draeden and Liam love Spector. A couple of months ago I made a mix cd that started with the first two Spector singles ("Never Fade Away" and "What You Wanted"), and they have now taken this cd from me to listen to in their room every night (except Sunday night) while they go to sleep, and they often sing those two songs. Of course, they originally took the cd to hear the 3rd track, "Everybody Looks Better In The Right Light" by Frankie & the Heartstrings, and I think that one is still the favorite (Liam calls this cd the "Everybody Looks Better In The Right Light cd").

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that your kids like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chevy Thunder live on Jools Holland:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SryvSvrHkao

    I am very curious as to the lyrics of the second line in the chorus - the part between "And whatever, I never could ever let you go" and "I'm driving, I'm driving as fast as this car goes". Anyone have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete