Thursday, February 9

An Update

As long as I'm on here, I'll write a quick note about us. I haven't posted recently because I wish we had better news to share. The job search is going really slowly, and we're a bit discouraged. We know everything is going to work out just fine and hope it happens soon. We're really trying to stay close to the Spirit and follow where He leads, and have had some good experiences with receiving little tender mercies from the Lord. We're so grateful to have the gift of the Holy Ghost as we go through this experience.

Our baby is due in about 2 months! We're all so excited to have her come. Mary can't wait to hold her. The kids are constantly fighting about whose room she'll sleep in. She moves A LOT and the kids think it's so fun to feel her.

We're still working on getting Mary's tummy to stop hurting. We have her on a dairy free diet right now, which has helped a little, and we just started her today on some medication that should help with reflux. We're anxious to see the results. As she has been feeling better, her behavior has improved too, which has been so nice.

With the warmer weather, we've been working a little on teaching Daniel to peddle the bike he got for his birthday. I don't remember learning to peddle being such a difficult concept, but I know he'll catch on. He's also learning to write and is pretty good with most of the letters.

We decided to sell our Honda to get a little extra cash and in preparation for buying a bigger vehicle as soon as we have an income again. We posted it on ksl.com this morning and had over 20 calls about it today. The first one to come test drive it said she wants to buy it. We're wishing we had asked more. We had no idea it would be so popular. It's kind of sad to sell it. It's been a really good car for me for over 10 years now, but we're grateful for the extra money it will provide.


4 comments:

  1. Lisa and Scott, sorry to hear the slowness of the process, but we are with you - things will work out. We are praying for you. Hope Mary gets better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you! I hope you find a good job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Scott, we love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" and how it mentions that the waiting place is the worst place to be. I hope you can get out of the waiting place.

    ReplyDelete