Friday, April 14

More Updates

Today they took out the drain from my foot & redressed it. Yesterday they put a PIC line in my left arm,  Then this afternoon they transferred me from the hospital to the Stonehenge Care Center in American Fork.  It's across the street from where we serve on most Fridays at the AF Employment Center which is in the same building as the DI & Family Services. I'm in Room 120, & I will probably be here for 6 weeks. Dr Faux, the orthopedic surgeon, wants to do a full 6 weeks of IV antibiotics to try to eliminate the bacteria that keeps causing me to get new outbreaks every 5-6 months. It's something I could do at home, but Medicare wouldn't pay for it then, & we would have to pay about $60-70 per day! Still it seems like such a ridiculous waste of time & money.

I need visitors to keep from going crazy.  I appreciate Scott & Lisa bringing their whole family Wednesday and Kevin & Shana brought their family Monday evening.  I hope to use my time well.  Perhaps it will be a good time to work on my Life Story.  Any other ideas?!!! Well I need to get to bed. I keep falling asleep. I love you all.  Please reach out to Sharon. She always ends up taking care of me when these surgeries happen. We could use help getting sll the chores done that I should be doing if I weren't loafing here.  Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have those Grandparent books I gave you and Sharon a few years ago? They ask questions that will help you to write your history. They are fairly easy to fill out and I was planning to copy the information to share with other family members. If Sharon can find them, I can help you to fill them out when I visit.

    ReplyDelete