This last weekend, 25-26 Sept., I was in another bike race. This one was from Salt Lake to Saint George again (I did the same race last year). My team finished the 425-mile course in 24 hours and 52 minutes, which is just a bit longer than we did last year, and we were 11th out of 39 teams in our class (8-rider mixed-gender teams). I rode about 107 miles of the course, including the climb over Traverse Ridge (from Draper to Lehi). I had a blast! I'm starting to think about doing the race next year with only a 4-rider team. Below is a photo of my team at the finish line.
Also, David and I are singing in the priesthood session of conference tomorrow! The Orem stakes have been asked to prepare a father-son priesthood choir, and we were asked to sing in it. It's been a good experience preparing the music, and I'm excited to be there in the session with David. Who knows if you'll see us on the broadcast, but you should watch for us!

Congratulations on your bike race - that sounds like a real challenge with 8 people, and even bigger if you try it with only 4.
ReplyDeleteI saw both of you singing tonight and your choir sounded very good! Maryn, Draeden and I were able to attend the afternoon session today which I really enjoyed.