Trevor in the flight simulator
Alexa and Trevor learning to control the yaw, pitch and roll in a Cessna
The SR-71 Blackbird
The Space Shuttle Discovery
the Concorde, and lots of other planes (Try this link for a photo sphere)
Other Stuff
Our kids have never really gotten in to riding their bikes, but yesterday Alexa decided she was ready to learn. We went to the school to practice. It took a while to get her confidence going, but she now can ride a bike on her own.
On Friday when Trevor came home from school, he informed us that he was going to be pretty busy after dinner because he had to try to find a prime number. Apparently he had read in a book that the government would pay someone for finding prime numbers with over 10 million digits, so he needed to get to work on that. Then he followed that up with the statement, "Its a good thing I didn't find it during the government shutdown, because if they aren't paying people to work, they probably wouldn't pay the prize money then either." He has yet to discover any new prime numbers.
Alexa really likes to draw. The other day she drew things on her desk. I scanned some of them in. She tends to draw things across multiple pages, so some of the lines didn't quite match up when combining them into a single image:
Sarah also recently finished a cross stitch project she has been working on. It looks really good:










That cross stitch is awesome! I love cross stitch because it is pixel graphics that pre-dates digital images. Alexa's art is also very cool. Good luck Trevor in your prime number search - it may require some serious computer
ReplyDeleteprocessing power. Eric, I hope you are helping him with some prime sieve algorithms.
The Air and Space Museum trip looks really fun! Going there with you was one of the highlights of our last visit with you. Alexa's art and the cross-stitch also look very good. I assume the swimmer is Trevor?
ReplyDeleteGood times, and thanks for sharing! We're glad you post a lot so we don't lose track of you way out East!
ReplyDeleteThe cross stitch does remind me of early computers I used. And yes, Trevor is the swimmer.
ReplyDeleteI talked with Trevor about how most people looking for prime numbers were using powerful computers to try to find them, and didn't think that was the way to go. They don't seem to be having a high enough success rate for him so he is going to come up with his own method.
I love Alexa's drawings! It is very interesting that she is willing to just expand to a second or third page as needed. I don't think that would have occured to me as a possibility. Good luck to Trevor in his search. I would love to hear what ideas he comes up with. The cross-stich is awesome.
ReplyDelete