Our February was fun and fairly healthy. We started off by attending the KEUD Super Reader Party at the State Fair Grounds. We did this once before when Daniel was two, and I'm not sure why we haven't done it again since, but I'm really glad we did it this year. (The kids read 20 minutes a day in November, and then were invited to this awesome party.) This year was far better than the last time we went. There were a lot less people, and the layout was better organized. We went to a "star party" inside a constellation dome, dug for dinosaur bones, learned about rocks and minerals, went on a trolley ride through Daniel Tiger's neighborhood, pet some therapy dogs (This was Anna's favorite part.), made a volcano, had a snack, and got some free books. We had so much fun together as a family!
 |
| Riding the Dinosaur Train |
|
 |
| Daniel with a balloon stegosaurus |
|
 |
| Our kids were too scared to pose for their picture with George and the Man in the Yellow Hat, so we just snap this cute family.:) |
|
Also, this month we did one of my favorite traditions from when we were little that we've continued in our family - the making of valentines. The kids get really into it and have so much fun. Scott's creativity always shines, and we all smile all month long as we look at the valentines hanging on our cabinets. It's fun to remember how much we love each other. Here is a sampling of this year's treasures.

The kids had so much fun with Valentine's Day this year. (Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures because I came down with a migraine the evening before that lasted until the end of the weekend.) For several days before Valentine's, the kids spent hours addressing and preparing their valentine's to take to their school parties. Daniel's party was an Alice in Wonderland tea party, and they were supposed to go dressed as one of the characters. Scott was amazing and pulled together a rabbit costume (rabbit ears, bow tie, and oversized chain clock) early Friday morning. I'm sad I didn't get a picture.
Anna really got into dress-ups this month, and became almost impossible to photograph. She either squats down, or runs toward the camera. I cannot get her to stand still.
 |
| This is my attempt to photograph her in the Pocahantas costume. ( I also have several of her running toward the camera.) |
|
 |
| This is my attempt to photograph her in the adorable skirt Scott's mom sent this month. (There are several other pictures of her squating, sitting, and running toward the camera.) |
Mary believes that the word university means the same as universe. I discovered this one day, when she screamed at me, "You're the meanest mom in the whole entire university!" I sent her to her room and then laughed and laughed and laughed. Now she says it all the time - "That is the cutest baby in the whole entire university," or "This is my favorite shirt in the whole entire university." I haven't corrected her because I think it's so funny.
Daniel is becoming an amazing reader. He is also learning to play the piano. He loves to make books - mostly ABC books. This week he's working on ABC Ocean Animals, and ABC Super Heroes. We read a book from the library about the secret co-creator of Batman, and now he is working on creating a new super hero - Dino Man, and hopes he can publish a book about him soon.
Thanks for the update, I really enjoyed reading about your family. Draeden and I were both laughing at how cute it is when Mary uses the word university for universe.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post! I like your valentines.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun month!
ReplyDelete