Sunday, June 30

California Trip

We are excited for the family reunion just over 2 weeks away. People may have posted this previously, but we are wondering who is planning to be at the reunion and wedding? What are people doing after the reunion? And when are people heading home?

We are staying at the same hotel as Brian and Kevin's families Friday and Saturday nights. Are there plans for anything prior to the wedding on Saturday?

The following week I have a training course in San Jose, so we are going up there on Sunday. I will be there through Friday. Sarah and the kids are staying until Wednesday morning. They are planning to go to Alcatraz, Pier 39, and the Exploratorium while they are there. If anyone else is still around, you are welcome to come along. Or if you have other plans, we are open to changing ours.

19 comments:

  1. As I told Sarah this morning, we are not going to make it to the reunion, but I am planning on flying out Saturday morning for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning to drive to Nevada after church on the 12th. THen go to lake tahoe on Monday. Then go to Scott's Monday evening. Reunion Tuesday - Friday. Friday and Saturday we will be focused on Koby's B-day and Tina's wedding. Sunday we will probably head back to Nevada and drive home Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be going on the 14th not the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to have a open house lunch at my house on Sunday. It will be simple, but give any one who is available a chance to see my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, we'd love to come see your house on Sunday! Do you need help with anything on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are driving out to California on the 15th. We will be staying with some friends in West Sacramento. We will drive down to the family reunion before dinner. Family Reunion Tues-Fri. We are also celebrating R's bday on Friday but we heard talk of a BBQ with Rishard's Mom that evening. Is that still in the works? We don't have firm Saturday plans besides the wedding. On Sunday, we'd love to go to lunch at Tina's house then we are headed back to West Sac for an ordination. We are staying in the hotel that night and driving back to UT on Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, it looks like we will not be able to make it to the reunion. Maryn and Nikkail are probably now not going to girl's camp that week, but Maryn is working but can get off on Friday the 19th and part of the next week (apparently her boss has a big deadline to get things done by the 18th, so she can't take off any time before that). Draeden also has cub day camp on the 15th and 16th. Given all the factors, we have decided to drive out there on Friday the 19th in hopes that our entire family will be able to go together. We will probably stay somewhere near Sacramento on Friday night just to make our drive that day a little shorter.

    Some of our kids want to go to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield, so I may take them there Saturday sometime while Kristi is helping Tina with stuff if the locations work out (for example, if the prep work Kristi is helping with happens in Stockton, it would not be too far of a drive to drop her off there, the drive over to the Jelly Belly factory, then drive back to get Kristi and head down to Modesto in time for the wedding). Or we could find something else to do on Saturday prior to the wedding.

    We will plan to stay in Modesto on Saturday night, attend church in Modesto (perhaps we could find a ward in the area where I served there on my mission, though its been so long I doubt I would really remember anyone there) then visit Tina's house for lunch on Sunday, then drive up to Lake Tahoe that evening. We will spend Monday and Tuesday at Lake Tahoe, then drive back home on Wednesday.

    Those are our current plans, which are subject to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would be interested in the Jelly Belly factory Saturday if it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We looked into the jelly belly factory, but I thought it wasn't really open on Saturday. There are no people there working so I thought it said that they just show videos. If it is open and there is still a fun tour running, we would also love to go there if you don't mind us tagging along as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, you are right, the tour does look a bit less interesting on Saturdays because you won't get to see any actual candy being made. Sounds like you still get to see the factory, just no one is running the machines and instead you get to watch videos of people running the machines. I'll have to see what our kids think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Jelly-belly tour is the same on Saturday as it is other days - you walk around a raised walkway above the factory floors and watch videos about each part of the process. The difference is that on Saturday, no one is working there, so it is just the videos. We've been both Saturday and weekdays, and while it is nice to see them actually making the stuff - and smell it, the tour is still worth it on Saturday. The issue would be the timing with the wedding. The factory is about 2 hours away from Modesto, so it may not work to do both things on Saturday, depending on when the wedding festivities begin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are there wedding festivities that start before 5:00?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, Rishard's mother would like to invite all adults to her house in Modesto for dinner on Friday evening at about 6:30. I realize leaving your kids may be difficult for some of you, but I'm hoping cousins will be available able to babysit for an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are no official events prior to 5pm on Saturday. I have a couple of things I need help with, but those mainly involve adult women.

    If you are looking for something to do in Modesto, I suggest laser tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to invite any of you who are interested in joining me for manicures and or pedicures in the morning - probably about 11 am. I will make an appointment before hand, so please let me know how many from your family can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Updated plans for us:

    We are now staying in Modesto on Friday and Saturday evenings, July 19 & 20. We are staying in Winnemucca on Thursday evening, then planning to stop in Sacramento on Friday afternoon to visit Old Sacramento and the California State Railroad Museum before driving down to our hotel in Modesto.

    Kristi would like to participate in the pedicures - is it too late to add her? Nikkail might want to participate as well. Maryn has decided not to come with us.

    We are now planning to stay in Reno on Sunday evening, visit the National Automobile Museum there on Monday, then drive part way back to Utah, probably stopping in Elko or someplace else on the way back.

    Yes, I like museums. We went to Lagoon this week for my work summer party, and spent much of our time in Pioneer Village.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sad that Maryn isn't coming. Any way we could talk her into it?

    I'm flying into Sacramento Saturday morning. My flight arrives at 9:30. I'm hoping either Scott or Dad can pick me up. I'd like to help with the trifles or anything else that needs done.

    I'm going to stay at Scott and Holly's that night. My departing flight leaves at 6:30 am on Sunday. Scott has graciously agreed to get up early to take me to the airport.

    I'm excited to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New update with completely different plans again. Since Maryn is unable to come with us we have decided that Kristi and Nikkail will fly out there for the wedding. They will arrive in Sacramento on Friday afternoon and drive down to Modesto, with their return flight leaving Sacramento on Sunday afternoon. These plans can't change, because we've already paid for the flight, hotel, and rental car. I (Mark) will be staying home with Maryn, Draeden, and Liam.

    Tina, I am sorry that I won't be able to be there.

    ReplyDelete