Monday, September 10

Big News

I believe all of you know that I became engaged to Rishard Bitbaba.  I wanted to post to let everyone know that I will be moving to San Francisco on Sept 29th.  Rishard and I are very excited about our future together.  We plan to get married next summer, probably in the bay area.  Hopefully you'll all be able to attend.

Rishard and I have been discussing the topic of what goals we want to accomplish before we have children.  I was interested if any of you had ideas that maybe we haven't thought of.  What are you glad you did as a couple or as an individual before you had children?  Is there anything you wish you had done?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tina! Any chance that your wedding in the bay area next summer will coincide with the family reunion? That would make it easier for us to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I like Rishard a lot. I hope we can see you once you move to SFO.

    We will be able to attend your wedding--not to rub it in to the rest of the family--but, yeah, for once it's easy for us to attend a family event!!

    For what to do before having kids? Honestly, it sounds like you're doing it: talk out your perspectives, read the best books, build your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very happy for you! We would love to attend so please keep us posted.

    On the subject of having kids, I think that you both have a lot of experience being around children but it is important to learn how to trust in each other and make decisions together so you have feel comfortable making decisions for your family. Brian and I had Katherine fairly early on in our marriage but we had worked together for over a year before we got married.

    Having kids hasn't stopped us from traveling or being active in the community. Although kids need your care, they can be your biggest support. It is an awesome feeling to be playing a volleyball game and hear a little voice yell "Go Mommy! You can do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Tina! We're happy for you, and look forward to the wedding!

    I think that one of the most important things to pay attention to when you're deciding to have children is to make sure that you're totally committed to each other. Children inevitably bring stress along with joy to your family; the stress can pull you apart if you don't pay careful attention to your commitment to your relationship with each other. If you both know that you're going to stick by each other regardless of what happens, it makes it much easier.

    As far as any experiences I wish I'd had before having children, I don't have any regrets. I'm really glad that we started having children when we did, so that hopefully they'll all be grown and taking care of themselves by the time we're about 50!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, we wish you the best. I'm very happy we were blessed to have children when we did, we had to wait a couple of years longer then we wanted. Looking back it doesn't seem like long, but at the time it was difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments so far. In answer to Eric's question, we are tentatively looking at July 20th so as to make it more convenient for all of you. I'll try to get something booked in the next couple of months so that you can all make plans well in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with what Brian said about making sure you're totally committed to each other before you have kids. Learning to pull together rather than apart when challenges come enables you to be united through the unique stresses that parenthood brings.

    Also, having faith anchored in the Savior is the only way we've been able to successfully get through troubles, and face the future. I encourage you - because I love you and want you to be truly happy - to work to regain the strong faith you once had. That is the most important thing you could ever do for yourself and your children.

    ReplyDelete