We've had a crazy week. Scott started feeling some unusual pain last weekend. It kept getting worse, until Monday he couldn't really get out of bed. We kept expecting it to go away, but finally on Wednesday, he went to the Instacare and was diagnosed with hemroids. He started treatment, but the pain kept getting worse, so we called the on-call doctor at our Dr.'s office (Our family Dr. is out of town this week.), and he prescribed a stronger treatment. Finally Friday, when the pain was almost unbearable, I took Scott to the ER, where they found no hemroids, but instead an absess, which they drained.
By the time we got home last night, Scott had developed a fever. We thought he was experiencing some shock because of the intense pain he had been in, especially during the procedure. But this morning, he was sicker than he's ever been - fever, nausea, difficulty breathing, and almost too weak to move. I brought him back to the ER, and they admitted him to the hospital. They say that some of the infection must have leaked into his bloodstream during the draining process. They are optimistic that the infection will clear up within 24 hours, but it is also possible that it can cause other infections, so they are giving him lots of antibiotics and monitoring him closely. When I left him this evening, he was a little better, but still very sick.
I'm hopeful I can bring home a much healthier husband tomorrow, but please pray for us.
We are sorry to hear about your crazy week. We will pray for Scott and your family. We hope he will get better soon.
ReplyDeleteWow! David had to be on IV antibiotics before they would send him home after his abscess. I can't believe he was sent home. I hope he gets some rest and feels better.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about Scott! We will pray for a quick recovery. Hopefully things will start looking up. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWell, Scott is not coming home today, but he is getting better. The infection is draining, his fever is gone. His only real complaint still is nausea, but that is most likely from all the antibiotics he's getting. This has been such a crazy weird thing. Thanks for all the prayers. If he continues to improve, he'll come home tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteScott came home yesterday, but he's still very sick. His fever spiked again last night, but today he seems a little better.
ReplyDeleteWe just heard about this when Jennifer called me. We are at Scott & Holly's & will definitely add our prayers to all others. We love you and pray all will go well.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that Scott has been so sick, this sounds like a terrible thing to go through. I hope he is getting better.
ReplyDelete