Friday, June 17

Family Reunion

The reunion is only a week away and we are getting excited to see everyone. I just wanted to go over again what our plan is for while we are there.

Here are some things to bring if you have them or can: Sleeping bags and pillows for kids, camping chairs, picnic blankets, bikes if you are wanting to go mountain biking, shade umbrellas, or canopies, frisbees, footballs, volleyball, any other outdoor game that would be fun to play. There is a large grassy area to play on where we hope to play alot of outdoor games, and I believe there is a volleyball net. Please also bring card games and board games that you like to play. Finally you can bring any water toys you may want to use at the reservoir. Brian and Jennifer can you bring the canoe? Lets hope for warm weather.

Kevin is planning on early morning mountain biking. We are planning on spending time at Pineview reservoir, doing hikes and going to Hill Aerospace Museum and just playing and hanging out, and enjoying our time together.

The Inn will be providing breakfast for us. For lunches we are planning on sandwiches PB and J or honey, and/or lunch meats. For dinners we will be having pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, and potato salad one night, grilled chicken, fruit salad, and carrots another night, and chicken tacos, southwestern rice, and chips and salsa. We will also be bringing some fruit. I was planning on making some cookies to bring if any would else would like to bring their favorite cookie to share that would be great.

As far as directions to get there the Snowberry Inn says not to use Google or Mapquest because the location is wrong. Here are the directions from the Snowberry Inn.

You can start arriving Sunday Jun 26th around 4 PM, and will checkout Wednesday morning the 29th.

Can't wait to see you all!!!

16 comments:

  1. Is there a parking restriction? We may want to bring both cars if we bring the canoe and bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be returning from another reunion in Southern Utah Sunday evening, so we won't make it there that day. Scott isn't able to take any time off work right now (long story), so we're trying to decide what we'll do. We don't want to do a ton of driving, so I'm thinking maybe we'll come up together Monday evening, and then just the kids and I on Tuesday daytime. But do you have specific activities planned for each day or evening? That would influence our decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not aware of any parking restrictions. We are not bringing all of our childrens bikes. Just the bikes for those planning to mtn bike.

    Lisa we do not have a schedule for what we plan to be doing each day specifically as it will depend on the weather and what everyone feels like doing. However if there is something you want to be able to participate in we could schedule that for a time you are planning to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone have an extra mountain bike? I would love to go biking, but couldn't bring mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, I have an extra bike. It has spd pedals and I also have an extra pair of shoes, but if you aren't OK with those, we could swap to some platform pedals. I actually have 3 bikes, but 2 of them are single speed, so someone else my size could also borrow my other one if you are OK with one gear ( I will plan to ride one of my SS bikes).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to try to ride with you guys as well, but I would have to borrow a bike too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, as I said, I have two mountain bikes I can lend, but one of them has only one gear, which would likely be no fun for someone who has not been riding a lot recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will also have Shana's bike there, but it might not be big enough for some of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin, you are in good enough shape to ride a single-speed and let Eric ride your Rush, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm fine with shoes. I haven't used them before, but they don't seem too hard to figure out. Thanks for sharing. I usually ride a lot, but haven't as much the last month so a single speed might be tough, but I' fine with whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so I will bring 3 29er bikes:

    Salsa Selma single speed hardtail that Kevin can ride. 22 lbs with awesome Terralogic fork (inertia, brain lockout that works incredibly well). I think you will love it. Gearing is 33-21. Has spd pedals, but we can swap to your eggbeaters if desired.

    Specialized S-Works carbon geared hardtail that Scott or Eric can ride. 24 lbs. I think you will love it. Has spd pedals, I will bring an extra pair of size 12 shoes with spd cleats.

    KHS steel rigid single speed for me to ride.

    I will also bring an extra set of platform pedals with toe clips that could be put on a bike.

    Unfortunately, I don't have any extra helmets, so if you are borrowing a bike, I recommend bringing your helmet or finding one to borrow somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and if you are borrowing a bike, you will also likely want to bring some gloves - mountain biking without gloves is not very fun for your hands. I have an extra pair of gloves, though they are sort of falling apart.

    I can bring some extra water bottles. All of my bikes have two bottle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will try to bring an extra helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Specialized geared bicycle was stolen from my garage this evening (we were gone, all doors were closed and locked, so it appears someone somehow opened one of the automated doors). So, sorry, I no longer have it lend to Scott or Eric. The thief didn't take any of the other bikes or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mark- I hope you can reclaim it. Katherine had her bike stolen last year and she felt so violated. It was on ksl.com within minutes of being stolen but we hadn't registered her bike so we couldn't prove it was hers.

    ReplyDelete