Saturday, June 18

Bountiful Basket

I just picked up my first bountiful basket.  I'm thrilled with the contents.  For $15 (plus a small processing fee), you get a laundry basket of veggies and another one of fruits.  This week my veggies were a bag of celery, a bunch of spinach, a head of green leaf lettuce, a head of cabbage, a cluster of tomatoes (on the vine) and lots of baby sweet peppers. My fruits were 6 fuji apples, 10 plums, a bunch of bananas, a pineapple, a honey dew, and two cups of blackberries. 

Thanks Kevin for telling me about this program.  I recommend it to everyone it is available to (Sorry Eric and Sarah).

9 comments:

  1. That is very similar to what we got in our basket today. I have always wondered if you get different things based on where you pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a little skeptical about trying Bountiful Baskets; my sister used to get them but said the fruit was underripe. Can you confirm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've never done it but I've heard good things about it. My main problem was that the time to order was when I had to bring Elena to preschool. I've heard that one needs to get online within 10 min. of the order time. Glad to hear you enjoyed your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that I also received three cucumbers.

    Kristi, of the food I received, only the bananas were not ready to eat today. Everything I've eaten so far was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, the honey dew was really a cantaloupe. I hate both, so I didn't pay much attention to which horrible melon I'd received - all melons are icky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Jennifer, I didn't experience any difficulty with ordering. Kevin told me about it, I went online a little later, and then had an array of sites in the area with available baskets.

    Kevin, how large of a window is there to order?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina, I feel so sad for you that you hate cantaloupe and honey dew. Rebekah and Elena eat them like candy so they go quite fast in my house. Michelle does Bountiful baskets in North SLC. She has fewer drop off spots near where she lives. We have several by our house so maybe I should give it a try on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have from Monday at 10 AM through Tuesday to order. Some spots fill up quickly, but I have never had a problem ordering somewhere close when I have wanted to.
    Most of the food is ready to eat, but sometimes we have to let something sit out a couple days to fully ripen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the plums Tina got in her bountiful Basket so much I ordered my first basket today. Unfortunately there were not any locations close to us at a reasonable pick up time so Tina is picking up our basket for us. I didn't place my order until 1:30 so that may have affected the lack of Salt Lake pickup sites.

    ReplyDelete