Wednesday, June 1

Anna

For some reason, the picture of Anna on her birthday didn't load on the April post, so I thought I'd do a whole post on this amazing girl! She turned 10! She is so excited to be in the double digits now. She is the tallest 10 year old I know. She is 5' 2" or 3", only an inch or two away from passing Mary! She is a hard worker and a great leader.
She loves critters of all shapes and sizes. She really would love to own a dog, or even a hamster or a bird or a fish, but having a cat makes all of those things a bit trickier. Last Spring/Summer she started collecting snails from the yard. This is not something I would usually would encourage or allow, but since we've been so restricted in our activities, I let it go until she had dozens of snails in dozens of recycled plastic containers in our sun room. For Christmas, we got her a snail container, and allowed her to bring some of them in the house for the Winter. She has named every single one of them, and can tell them all apart. She spends a lot of time learning about snails and taking care of them, even petting them. And I have to admit, they are pretty cute.
She and Mary have recently become very interested in the ukulele. Several girls in our neighborhood play, and they gather on our porch to share notes and teach each other new songs. It's really fun to see them learn. Anna almost always has that ukulele in hand, playing and singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment