Thursday, June 3

May 2021

 I can tell that May wasn't a very exciting month for us since I don't have any pictures worth sharing on my phone. So I'll just give a quick update.

We had a home inspector come and tell us what things he would recommend we fix before selling the house. (He said in this market, we could just sell it now without doing anything, but we feel like we need to finish what we started and take care of a few things that we've known need to be done.) He made some good recommendations, but nothing outrageous. So we've been plugging away at our list - fixing electrical issues, installing a bathroom fan and roof vent, fixing up the yard, ... We threw away our well-loved swing set, which was really sad. We over-seeded the backyard to fix some bald spots, and it's starting to look pretty good.

We are starting on the bathrooms next, which I hope is our last big project, other than the front porch, which we plan to pay someone to do. So, we've been researching vanities, flooring, toilets, etc. We've mostly got everything assembled now, and we're ready to start. (And hopefully finish soon!)

We have mostly finished school. Tomorrow is the last day! We are so proud of our kids for the way they've adjusted to online school. It has been a huge challenge for all of us, and we're so happy to be done. We all look forward to having a lot more time to do other things.

The most exciting thing we did this month, was see an ultrasound of our baby! I still have to keep reminding myself of it to make myself believe that I'm actually pregnant. Not that there aren't numerous other sources of evidence, like my growing belly, my lack of any energy, and my needing to eat all the time. I am starting to feel a little better, so that is encouraging. I'm having a genetic test done tomorrow, and will get to learn the gender of the baby already! I think I'm mostly done throwing a fit about the whole thing. Some days, I even feel a little excited, but then I have nights like last night when I just can't sleep because I'm so upset about it all (and several other things too:().

Everyone else is doing pretty good. Daniel is still obsessed with Legos, Star Wars and video games, Mary is obsessed with reading, Anna is obsessed with dogs, and Peter is currently obsessed with rockets. Scott is obsessed with whatever project he is currently researching. Right now, it is all things bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are coming along! You forgot to mention your birthday. I hope you did something fun to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete