We started the year in Boise. These cuties had a tea party.
We went to visit Scott's sister Heidi, who lives in Stansbury Park. They have lots of pets, and this dog named Bear made their day by snuggling down on their laps.
We were off-track for the first 3 weeks of January. We didn't get out a lot, but we did go to the bounce arena at Classic Fun Center one day. It was fun to see them get braver the longer we were there.
We also went to the Church History Museum. It was just a few days after construction on Temple Square had begun, and that was really fun to see too.
Then we went back to school, and got back to our normal routine, except that it was a really sick Winter for us. All of the kids missed at least one day of school, and some missed several. We had stomach flues, and coughs and colds. I had an attack of cold sores, which was awful, and my first migraine in several years. Scott is currently sick with something awful.
It snowed a few days in February, and we build this snow cat.
Daniel participated in the school Spelling Bee! He was 1 of 3 students from his class selected, and was the 2nd runner up for the 6th grade. We are so proud of him. Daniel has always been super smart, but he has not always applied himself at school. He especially didn't find any value in spelling correctly. He'd always tell me that he didn't need to learn to spell because he would always use a computer to correct his spelling. For some reason, this year, he decided to care and has been getting all A's, which is amazing.
These goggle-wearing pineapple men make frequent appearances at our house.
March has been interesting. Peter celebrated the 100th day of school. This is what he's going to look like when he's 100. He's a super sweet boy who doesn't mind at all being cooped up in the house with his family. I asked him today what his favorite part is, and he said, "That I get to spend more time with you." I love getting to spend extra time with him too. I especially love working with him on his reading and writing. He's making great progress!
Anna, on the other hand, really misses her friends. She has gotten to call a few of them, and she got to do a meeting with her school class, which was nice. She's super worried about a big earthquake hitting since the one last week woke us up. She is also super excited about her birthday coming in just a few days. We're anxious to hear how plans for her baptism will be modified. It is schedule for May 2.
We've been working on painting our upstairs and replacing all the doors and trim. It's such a bigger project than I realized it would be, but I think it will be so nice when it's done. Here's the new door in the entryway. (The front door still has the old trim on.) All of our projects have been put on hold since Scott has been so sick. I had a whole time table that involved finishing the main area before the kids went off-track, and doing the upstairs bedrooms while they were off-track, but that hasn't happened, and doesn't matter anymore, since the kids will likely be out of school for much longer, and it's not likely that we'd be able to sell our house in June like we were hoping even if it were ready. So I'm working on letting go of all my plans and just bending and going with the flow. I know the Lord is better at planning my life anyway.











No comments:
Post a Comment