How many states has everyone been to? I added 6 this year, but still have several to go. I am currently at 37. Shana added 9 this year but still has 20 to go. Has anyone done all 50? Who has the most?
I am up to 43 states. I still have Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana, Oregon, Alaska, and Hawaii to visit. I got 4 new states this year: Mississippi, Louisiana, Vermont, and Maine. Sarah is at 40 states. She also added 4 states this year: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Vermont. We have a trip to Texas planned, which will add another state for Sarah and the kids. We also have a trip to Washington and Alaska planned for next year, which will get Sarah to 43 and me to 44.
I don't count it unless I left the airport. For example, I have flown through Minneapolis/St Paul airport on a couple of occasions, but I never left the airport. Of course I did count New Jersey after riding a train from Penn station to the Newark airport. But I made sure to listen to some Bruce Springsteen while on the train, so I could get the full New Jersey experience. 😉
We don't count airports. We also don't count it if you just drive through a state. Our rule is "leave something or take something". I believe Brian has 45 and I'm at 40.
I've actually been to 46. Kentucky and Tennessee were the 2 I got this past year. I'm just missing Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
I have mostly east coast states left. Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Michigan, Alaska.
Brian, Dad says that we all went to Arkansas sometime around '81 or '82 to visit Grandpa Anderson and Barbara who were there on a mission. I though I remembered that we had been there once, so I counted that.
Dad also told me that we used to always drive through Montana to get to North Dakota, which I didn't know, so when I count that, it gets me back up to 24.
I'm missing Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts.
The trip to Arkansas to visit Grandpa and Barbara was not until the late 80's. I was in 3rd - 5th grade. I think Lisa, or Scott were the oldest kids to go.
I actually remember the trip to Arkansas, and I specifically remember that I didn't go, though I don't remember why. I've frequently wished since then that I had gone.
I did not go to Arkansas either. I am guessing it was in 1990 right before my senior year of high school. However I have been to Arkansas several times since then to visit Wal-mart headquarters.
So I am a little late to this discussion, but I have been to 45 - I'm missing Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I picked up 7 states this year - Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusettes, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Holly has been to 43 states - just missing North Dakota and Montana from what I haven't been to. WE have been to all 43 states that she has been to together (though she used to have more states then me when we first got married.)
I bet I’m one of the lowest - I only count 24 states that I know I’ve been to.
ReplyDeleteI am up to 43 states. I still have Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana, Oregon, Alaska, and Hawaii to visit. I got 4 new states this year: Mississippi, Louisiana, Vermont, and Maine. Sarah is at 40 states. She also added 4 states this year: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Vermont. We have a trip to Texas planned, which will add another state for Sarah and the kids. We also have a trip to Washington and Alaska planned for next year, which will get Sarah to 43 and me to 44.
ReplyDeleteI think Brian has more states than me.
Does it count if you land in an airport but never leave the airport? If not, I think I’d have to take off New Jersey from my list and go down to 23.
ReplyDeleteI don't count it unless I left the airport. For example, I have flown through Minneapolis/St Paul airport on a couple of occasions, but I never left the airport.
ReplyDeleteOf course I did count New Jersey after riding a train from Penn station to the Newark airport. But I made sure to listen to some Bruce Springsteen while on the train, so I could get the full New Jersey experience. 😉
I'm at 29, I think.
ReplyDeleteWe don't count airports. We also don't count it if you just drive through a state. Our rule is "leave something or take something". I believe Brian has 45 and I'm at 40.
ReplyDeleteI've actually been to 46. Kentucky and Tennessee were the 2 I got this past year. I'm just missing Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
ReplyDeleteWe've been able to get all of the northeastern states while visiting Jennifer's parents in New York, which has helped a lot.
ReplyDeleteI have mostly east coast states left. Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Michigan, Alaska.
ReplyDeleteBrian, Dad says that we all went to Arkansas sometime around '81 or '82 to visit Grandpa Anderson and Barbara who were there on a mission. I though I remembered that we had been there once, so I counted that.
ReplyDeleteDad also told me that we used to always drive through Montana to get to North Dakota, which I didn't know, so when I count that, it gets me back up to 24.
I'm missing Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts.
The trip to Arkansas to visit Grandpa and Barbara was not until the late 80's. I was in 3rd - 5th grade. I think Lisa, or Scott were the oldest kids to go.
ReplyDeleteThanks Eric for the clarification. Ok, I guess I have to take Arkansas off my list and go back to 23.
ReplyDeleteI actually remember the trip to Arkansas, and I specifically remember that I didn't go, though I don't remember why. I've frequently wished since then that I had gone.
ReplyDeleteI did not go to Arkansas either. I am guessing it was in 1990 right before my senior year of high school. However I have been to Arkansas several times since then to visit Wal-mart headquarters.
ReplyDeleteSo I am a little late to this discussion, but I have been to 45 - I'm missing Alaska, Hawaii, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I picked up 7 states this year - Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusettes, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Holly has been to 43 states - just missing North Dakota and Montana from what I haven't been to. WE have been to all 43 states that she has been to together (though she used to have more states then me when we first got married.)
ReplyDeleteI'm last place. I guess I'm not a traveler.
ReplyDelete