Wednesday, October 18

New Music Playlist

Here are the ten new songs from a cd I burned yesterday with tracks I downloaded from iTunes for new music from either albums that haven't yet been released or bands that haven't yet made and album.



I just love this song!




I like this is a new sound for Noel, even if he's just tapped into a different 60's source than usual.



I recently discovered this new band by checking out Steve Lamacq's playlists from his shows on BBC Radio 6.



I am really liking this new song by Weezer and also really like the cover art for the new album Pacific Daydream that comes out next week.


I think this is a bit of a different sound for Morrissey, and I think the lyrics are actual pretty clever and funny.


Sorry, no actual video for this one, but I think it is an interesting and enjoyable track by an exciting new band.


Belle and Sebastian are releasing, instead of an album, three new ep's in December, January, and February, which is fun (but a cd release in February will collect all tracks, so that's very like an album).  This is the first single from the second ep out in January.


I really like the sound of this with its obvious Giorgio Moroder/Donna Summer influence.


I'm still not sure about this one - I like the music sound but the vocals seem a bit boring.




I like the sound of this new song that was just released yesterday.  I haven't enjoyed a lot of the songs by MGMT in the past, but this one interests me.

10 comments:

  1. I am also loving the new weezer song released today, Happy Hour. I'm excited for the new album! What do you think of the new Weezer songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying not to listen to the new weezer songs too much. I like to wait for the whole album. But I have enjoyed them all especially weekend woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rivers on new album at NME:

    http://www.nme.com/news/music/weezer-pacific-daydream-uk-tour-trump-stranger-things-interview-2152695

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new Weezer album. I have it on red and black splattered vinyl. My favorite tracks are QB Blitz, Weekend Women, Sweet Mary, and Beach Boys.

    Here is a performance of Happy Hour from last night:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVEiuk561k

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoy the new Weezer album. I find Feels like Summer and QB Blitz to be catchy.
    I played a couple of songs for Sarah and she enjoyed them musically. Lyrically she found it laughable, like they just said whatever rhyme came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pacific Daydream is one of my favorite albums right now. I could be wrong, but part of me is actually thinking this could be Weezer's best album since Matt Sharp left. I bought the cd today, so I could have better sound quality in the car than the free downloads that came with the vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it, but am not too impressed. Mostly forgetable. I do enjoy QB Blitz though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been listening to some older Weezer albums for comparison with Pacific Daydream. So far, Pinkerton (which is my all time favorite) is of course way way better, but I liked Green a little less than the latest album. I haven't played Blue in a while, but I know its also way better. I need to listen to Maladroit, which I believe is my 3rd favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rough Trade has already released a list of top 100 albums for 2017, which seems ridiculous to me given that we haven't heard the new albums by Noel Gallagher or U2 yet, and Morrissey's new album was just released today. I only own 7 of their top 100, so obviously I don't agree with it very much anyway, but the list did inspire me to check out number 11, Universal High by Childhood, which does sound interesting, more so than their debut album. I'll start working on my 2017 best album list, but I can't finish it until after the U2 album is released on Dec. 1 and I have time to listen to it. I count 33 new albums this year that I either own or am planning to buy soon, so my list will be derived from those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I prepared to pick my favorite albums of 2017, I decided I should first re-assess my 2016 top picks to see how things had changed over the past year with my favorite 2016 albums. I've posted an updated 2016 top ten list in the comments on my post from Nov. 23 2016, as well as updated my favorite 2016 album in my favorite albums post from May 2014.

    ReplyDelete