Wednesday, June 7

May!

I love May! We had a fun month. We enjoyed the nice weather, did lots of yard work, and lots more.

I sure enjoy spending my days with these two cuties. They are so pleasant and fun. We went on lots of walks and bike rides. They've been my biggest partners in my efforts to get more healthy. Pulling an extra 100 pounds of kids/trailer on my bike rides and pushing that much on my walks has really boosted my results. I finally made it to a total of 30 pounds lost this month!

Sometimes they like to get out and walk too.

Usually our bike rides include a stop at a park.
One evening, we got a sitter, and went on a bike ride alone. I couldn't believe what a difference it made to not have the trailer.
 We finally remember to go back to Home Depot the first Saturday of the month for the fun kid project. They made a flower pot stand!

We spent a lot of time getting our garden ready to plant. Scott had the fun idea to try growing peanuts this year. This is what they looked like as they sprouted. We're so excited to watch them grow. Soon, they should blossom, and then a peg grows out of the center of the blossom, and buries down into the ground, and that is where the peanuts will grow. We'll keep you posted.

We also spent a lot of time digging grape hyacinth bulbs out of our grass in one corner. We've wanted to get to it since we moved in, so it felt good to tackle the job. We dug for hours, but finally got them all. Then we put in a planter. We're so pleased with how it turned out.
Here's my little Paw Patrol buddy helping me sift through the dirt.

Here's the finished product.
 Scott went to a training in Phoenix for a couple of days. That is where he went to grad school, so it was fun for him to go back. He did a video call with us, so the kids could see all the cacti and palm trees.

The kids did lots of fun end of school things. I got to teach a Junior Achievement course in Daniel's class, which was really fun for me. I went in once a week for 5 weeks, and taught them about how a city works - things like zoning, taxes and how to pay for things, banking, entrepreneurship, and different news sources. I really enjoyed being a teacher again for an hour each week.

For Memorial Day weekend, we went to Boise. We celebrated my birthday, and had fun playing with cousins.



Peter has seen this sprinkler on the shelf in the garage and has been asking for months when we could use it. I would say, "When it gets hot." So everday, he would ask, "Is it hot today?" Finally, it was hot, and we got out the sprinkler, and he had a blast.
 (If you look really closely at the background of this picture, you'll get a clue about June's big project. It involves 3000 lbs. of bricks, and lots of figuring, digging, and leveling.)

3 comments:

  1. I so happy that you met your goal Lisa! It looks like you guys are really enjoying being outside and doing fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear more about June's big project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you get me curious to see your project's progress. And so many fun things to hear about. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete