Saturday, November 1

Our October

October was a great month for us.  Rishard moved to the Apple Campus 2 job which broke ground earlier this year.  It is 5 million sq. ft, and will be the most advanced office building in the world. Rishard is really enjoying the new challenge.  If you're interested you can see a picture of what it will look like and read more about it here (bottom of the page).


Elise enjoyed her first plane ride this month when we flew to Las Vegas for a short business trip with Rishard.  She was reasonably good for the flights.  She also had her first babysitter while we were there.  Rishard and I went to Michael Jackson One by Cirque du Soleil.
We enjoyed it but were a bit disappointed.  The dancing was not as good as we expected and the circus acts were less impressive than some of the other Cirque shows we've seen.  I still think everyone who likes the Beatles even a little bit should see the Beatles based Cirque show "Love."

Elise has been struggling with naps lately which is affecting her ability to be a happy girl.  She consistently wakes up after about 40 minutes and then is cranky again after about 45 minutes.  If I lay down with her I can extend her naps usually, but I'm concerned I'm teaching her that I need to be there in order for her to sleep.  I have read Healthy Sleep, Happy Child which says that at her age it is fairly common for wake and sleep cycles to be out of sync so that she's waking when she's still tired.  Hopefully this phase passes soon.  Even with her crankiness, I am really enjoying being a stay at home Mom.  Her smiles and cuddles are easily worth all the hard moments.

One of the highlights of motherhood was making Elise's Halloween costume.  I chose this costume because I thought she'd enjoy having the wig and the tutu for dress-up in the future.  It was so fun to make!

Elise and I went to Utah for the last week of October.  We really enjoyed seeing and visiting with everyone there.  We can't wait to come back after Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing you and am still so sad that I didn't get to interact with Elise. I can't wait until you come back. Her eyes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise is adorable. Thanks for coming to visit. We really enjoyed seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Thanks for coming to see us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you and Elise! Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to see your pictures. Great, creative costume! It's hard to comprehend how big and how expensive the apple campus project is!

    ReplyDelete