Thursday, February 13

Busy

It has been over a month since I last posted. I have been meaning write a post for a while, but keep being to busy.
As a follow-up on Trevor's teeth, he has the splints off. He is still under eating restrictions and may never be able to just bite food again. The teeth seem to have taken though. Also the doctor gave us the pictures he took the night Trevor got his teeth knocked out. If you would like to see them you can go to the upcoming link. But there is some blood, and pictures of gums with holes where teeth should be. You have been warned: Trevor's Teeth
In January we had our pinewood derby. Trevor wanted his car to look like a Pack of M&M's I think it turned out well. He wasn't the fastest in the pack but making the car and attending the derby was a lot of fun.


Alexa is going to the Lego Movie for her Birthday party. As part of the invitation we thought it would be fun to have a picture of her with something she has made out of Legos. We suggested she make something simple like glasses that she could get her picture taken with. The next morning she came out of here room wearing these:


They were far more elaborate than we had expected. She really does a good job making up her own Lego ideas. Here is what the invitation looks like:

We had a big snow storm today which kept everyone home for the day. The official total is around a foot, but it was deeper than that on our driveway. Trevor used the time to paper mache hills for a 3-D model of an aqueduct his is making for school:

The kids also played out in the snow. Alexa for several hours. She built a snowman and played on the mounds Sarah and I made from shoveling.


7 comments:

  1. The M&M's car and the LEGO glasses look great! Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lego glasses are awesome! I loved the lego movie, and actually can't wait to see it a second time. Draeden, Liam, and I are also collecting the lego movie mini-figs, and after Kristi got us each some for Valentine's Day this morning, between us we have 12 of the 16 in the series (plus some duplicates). Kristi spent a long time at the lego store the other day going through every mini-fig they had, feeling the shapes to get the ones she thought we would each want, and she picked 8 for 8 that were just what she thought they were, which I think is pretty impressive. I've tried to pick them out before for the last series (series 11), and it is not easy.

    The M&M car is also awesome. Draeden also had his pinewood derby last month - I should post pictures of his and Liam's cars. I'm glad Trever enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Impressive glasses. I love the M&Ms car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Trevor's teeth continue to heal! Alexa's glasses look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get the label so "right" on the M&M car? Is it a decal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post and nice pictures! I was wondering Brian's question, too. And when you say Trevor may never be able to just bite food again, do mean, like ever - for the rest of his life? That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The M&M label is printed on paper and glued onto the car. Under the paper we used circular weights cut down to be about the size of M&Ms and then we used epoxy in between those. On top of the paper we put on a coat of finish to give it a little shine.

    Lisa, the dentist says that he would recommend that Trevor not ever bite with his front teeth again in his life. We will obviously ask for other opinions as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete