Sunday, October 20

Ashland Fun Run

Yesterday was our elementary school's annual 1 mile fun run and 5K. Trevor Alexa and I competed again this year. Alexa improved her time from last year by running the mile in 11:56. Trevor has been so busy swimming four nights a week that we never really got to practice running, but he still did well to run the mile in 11:38.

This past winter I set a goal to run this 5K in under 21 minutes, in order to encourage myself to work out more consistently during the year. It did get me to work out consistently, but I still fell a bit short of my goal. I finished in 21:21, which is a personal record, it is and over 2 minutes faster than I ran it last year! It was also fastest in my age group.




3 comments:

  1. What a great family event! Congrats, Eric. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome Eric! Good job Alexa and Trevor!

    ReplyDelete