I've recently purchased the new 2cd special editions of Blur's seven albums. They are very cool because each one includes all the b-sides from the album's singles, a fairly thick booklet with photos and an interview, and four color postcards. Plus the first five albums are re-mastered and sound better than ever.
This makes my original Blur cd's mostly unnecessary. There are two odd track-differences I am aware of: original U.S. cd version of "Chemical World" on Modern Life is Rubbish is a different earlier version, and original U.S. cd version of Leisure includes a shorter version of "I Know" than is included on the second disc of the Leisure special edition (it's not on the first disc because it wasn't on the original UK album - it was a double A-side with "She's So High"). However, these aren't important enough to me to keep the older discs.
So, I could trade them in for a few dollars at the used cd store, but I thought instead I'd ask if anyone would like them? You'll get all seven Blur albums on cd: Leisure (original U.S. version includes "I Know" but not "Sing"), Modern Life is Rubbish (original U.S. version includes some extra tracks including "Popscene"), Parklife, The Great Escape, Blur, 13, and Think Tank. Free to the first person here who expresses an interest in receiving them! Oh, and I guess I can also throw in my cd single of "Music Is My Radar" / "Black Book", as those tracks are on the 2nd disc of my new 13. That's eight cd's for the price of none!
I would like to have them, if no one out there wants them. I can pay shipping to get them out here.
ReplyDeleteI've got them all packaged up. I can't find my family address list anywhere (I recently had a computer die and thought I got most of my docs backed up first, but since have found a lot of things I missed.) So, if you email me your address, I'll ship them.
ReplyDelete