I have been meaning to post Halloween pictures, but never got around to it. Today I finally am getting around to it:
Trevor was the scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz". Alexa was Cinderella. Sarah made Alexa's costume, her most elaborate sewing project to date. She was happy to learn several new techniques on the project.
Alexa's Cinderella Pumpkin
Trevor's Pumpkin is on the right. He did a lot of the work himself this year. My optical illusion pumpkin is on the right. Sarah carved the little pumpkin the middle, but it was too small to get cleaned out well enough to put a candle in. (She did her traditional mouse pumpkin as well.)
Birthday Party
Last weekend we also had Trevor's Birthday party. It was an engineering party because he wants to be a roller coaster engineer when he grows up. For the party we made paper airplanes, a ball and cup game, domino rallies, a treasure hunt where they built Lego object as they progressed, working flashlights, and he had a cake that moved!
The gear motion was smoother before the cake and frosting got in the way:
Special thanks to Brian and Sarah's Dad for helping me design the cake stand.
Here is a link to the album where I put the pictures and videos in case they stop working here again: https://picasaweb.google.com/114293689790055701295/HalloweenBirthday?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOyGhKzOn8vi_AE&feat=directlink
Here is a link to the album where I put the pictures and videos in case they stop working here again: https://picasaweb.google.com/114293689790055701295/HalloweenBirthday?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOyGhKzOn8vi_AE&feat=directlink
Looks fun, and they cake looks cool.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I can't see the lower two pictures. Maybe I should try looking in Firefox.
ReplyDeleteNice costumes and pumpkins, and that cake stand is very cool.
ReplyDeleteVery cool pictures! My main contribution to the cake stand was showing Eric where some web sites were that allow you to download schematics for gears - Eric did all of the real work.
ReplyDeleteCute costumes. I'd love to see the cake, but it says the videos are not available.
ReplyDeleteThe kids look great! I'd love to see the videos too!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure why the videos stopped working, but I deleted them and re-added them to the post and they seem to be working again. I also added a link to the album where I uploaded everything in case they stop working again on the blog. They should always work there.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool!
ReplyDelete